Saturday, January 06, 2007

Wish you a happy new year 2007!

One of my resolutions for this year is to blog more in this site!

Today I am taking the topic of how to set goals and ways to stick to it:

First, what is goal?

Goal is something that you want to accomplish in due course of time which can be personal or professional side. A goal is born from a strong wish or desire to do something. Isn’t it? I select the goal which should be accomplished by considering all of my constraints, attitude and ability. I believe myself that I can accomplish the set goal. Think about someone who has achieved such goal as role model for you. If you can be in touch with the person, learn the lessons that he has practically learnt for reach that goal. As always wise human learns from others experiences too. And make sure that your goal reminds you always, write a post it!

Okay now goal is ready, its time to plan and strategize to reach the goal. Identify resources, time and efforts that you need to spend. Yes there must be lot of tradeoffs among all the aforementioned factors. Come to a balanced tradeoff so that your goal is not distracted.
Identify the factors or influences that may distract you from the goal upfront! Include effort to work on these factors as well.

Identified and planned, so next stage is execution.

Have a track record to measure your performance. Yes you must have a log (hand-written) to show your progress. Believe me, initially it will be boring to the core, but if you start seeing some progress, that’s it. You are on your way to reach your goal. This is the simple performance monitoring technique that I follow.

One thing is very important in this context is: Willpower (Motivation and Internal fire). Keep it high so that you will not get dragged down.

2 comments:

Akbar said...

what is your goal?

Mani said...

To enhance my written skills.