Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Experience of SCDJWS Test

Last week, I could clear the test – Sun Certified Developer for Java Web Services (SCDJWS). I am writing this blog to share my experience towards preparation for the same.

It took about 7 to 8 weeks and couple of no-deviation-no-distraction hours for the preparation. I am a good Java programmer (especially server components programming), that’s it. I did not have any good work-hands-on with web services-SOA development. Also I don’t have any work experience on XML-Namespace-Schema area. With all these background I started preparing for the test.

I took the following preparation materials:
  • “J2EE Web Services” by Richard Manson Haefel

  • http://www.xyzws.com/ – SCDJWS Study Guide

  • J2EE 1.4 Tutorial

  • http://java.boot.by/wsd-guide/- Mikalai’s Study Guide

  • www.xyzws.com mock

  • Mikalai’s Mock exam (I bought from him – You need send a mail to him who can direct you on buying process)

  • Free Trail of Wizhlab

  • ePlanetlab’s Mock (I bought through their site)

I would like to thank my friend Mr. Akbar Basha Rahamatulla (akbarbasha.r@gmail.com) who prepared and cleared the same test with me. We used to have end-of-chapter discussions for each topic in the test curriculum and clarify our questions and reassure our understanding. This was quite useful on top of mutual-morale support for each other.

This test is very useful for those who want to fly with next generation IT systems development which is “the great SOA”.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you both going great with JAVA.
-Satya.